The material on this web site has been prepared and is copyrighted by Lal Legal, A Professional Law Corporation (“Lal Legal”). The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The material is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Information provided by or cited to third parties does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Lal Legal or any of its attorneys or clients.
Lal Legal will, to the full extent permitted under the law, protect your name and confidential information against disclosure, publication or unauthorized use.
Jurisdictions in Which Our Attorneys Are Licensed to Practice
Lal Legal is incorporated in the State of California, and currently has a physical office in Berkeley, California. Prerna Lal is licensed in the District of Columbia, and in California, Lal Legal can only represent individuals in federal law matters.
Disclaimer on Contract Formation
Your receipt of the information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a contract for representation by Lal Legal. This information is not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney. No person should act or rely on any information in this site without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Please be aware that the sending of an e-mail message to Lal Legal does not contractually obligate Lal Legal to represent you as your attorney. Lal Legal cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree, in writing, that we will serve as your attorney.
Statute of Limitations Notice
You should be aware that the Statute of Limitations may severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims or appeals you may have in a case.
This is an Advertisement
This web site may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
Free Background Information Available Upon Request
All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer’s credentials and ability being considered, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Before you decide to retain Lal Legal, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.
Lal Legal Cannot Offer Any Guarantees of Case Results
Every legal matter is different. The outcome of each legal case depends upon many factors, including the facts of the case, and no attorney can guarantee a positive result in any particular case. Any testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Designated Principal Attorney with Responsibility for Web Site
To the extent the State Bar rules require us to designate a principal office and/or single attorney responsible for this site, Lal Legal designates Prerna Lal, 2001 Addison Street, Suite 300, Berkeley, CA 94704 as the attorney responsible for this site.
Statement of Client’s Rights
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and non-lawyer personnel in your lawyer’s office.
- You are entitled to have your attorney handle your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to discharge your attorney and terminate the attorney-client relationship at any time. (Court approval may be required in some matters, and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge.)
- You are entitled to your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged reasonable fees and expenses and to have your lawyer explain before or within a reasonable time after commencement of the representation how the fees and expenses will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any arrangement for fees and expenses that you find unsatisfactory. In the event of a fee dispute, you may have the right to seek arbitration; your attorney will provide you with the necessary information regarding arbitration in the event of a fee dispute, or upon your request.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed promptly and to receive a prompt reply to your letters, telephone calls, emails, faxes, and other communications.
- You are entitled to be kept reasonably informed as to the status of your matter and are entitled to have your attorney promptly comply with your reasonable requests for information, including your requests for copies of papers relevant to the matter. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter and make informed decisions regarding the representation.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney. In particular, the decision of whether to settle your matter is yours and not your lawyer’s. (Court approval of a settlement is required in some matters.)
- You have the right to privacy in your communications with your lawyer and to have your confidential information preserved by your lawyer to the extent required by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the District of Columbia and California Rules of Professional Conduct.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
Numerous trademarks are used on this website. Their use is solely for production identification and informational purposes. Nothing on this website has been authorized or approved by any of the trademark owners.