1. Firm Website. The Firm Website includes all Web pages under the site’s domain URL.
2. Use of Firm Website Constitutes Acceptance. This Agreement will constitute a binding and enforceable agreement between you (individually and in your individual capacity as an employee, officer, agent, partner, etc. of each organization you represent in connection with any use of the Firm Website) and the Firm. By using the Firm Website, you acknowledge and agree that you have fully read and agree to be bound by the provisions of this Agreement, exactly as if it were printed on paper and signed by you. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement in its entirety, then you must immediately stop using the Firm Web site.
3. Business or Employment Use. Where you use the Firm Web site in the course of your employment or business, you enter into this Agreement both on your own behalf and in your individual capacity as an employee, officer, agent, partner, etc. of such organization which you represent, and references in this Agreement to “you” shall mean both you as the individual user of the Firm Web site and you in your capacity as a representative of your organization.
4. Changes to this Agreement. The Firm may remove, amend or replace any provision of this Agreement at any time, but, if it does so, the Firm will post such changes on the Firm Website at this link.
5. Attorney Advertisement Disclaimer. You agree to all terms of Attorney Advertisement Disclaimer here.
7. Firm Intellectual Property. All of the Intellectual Property, including, without limitation, all content, text, graphics, video and sounds on the Firm Website, and all computer code associated therewith, are the valuable proprietary property of the Firm, its licensors and contributors, and are subject to copyright, trademark and other intellectual property protection. You acknowledge and agree that the Firm has expended substantial time and effort to create the Firm Website, and the Content and Services provided through the Firm Website, and that the Firm exclusively owns or has been licensed by third parties to use and sublicense all rights, title and interest therein and all associated information, data, databases, images and other material.
8. Assignment. Your rights and obligations under this Agreement are personal to you and may not be assigned to any other party.
9. Force Majeure. The Firm will not, nor will any entity that is part of the Firm, be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any failure or delay in performance caused by reasons beyond its reasonable control, including any natural calamity, act of God or a public enemy, act of any military, civil or regulatory authority, change in any law or regulation, disruption or outage of communications, power or other, failure to perform by any supplier or other third party, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Firm (or any entity that is part of the Firm).
10. Waiver. The Firm will not, nor will any entity that is part of the Firm, be deemed to have waived any breach by you of this Agreement, except by a written waiver expressly so stating, and such waiver will not be construed as a waiver of subsequent or continued breaches.
11. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will be limited to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
12. Complete Understanding. This Agreement constitutes the final and complete agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous communications, representations or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
13. The materials on this site were prepared by Lal Legal APLC for general informational purposes only, and are not legal advice. The law frequently changes and legal matters are fact specific. Visitors to our site should obtain legal counsel to provide advice on a particular matter and should not act upon information contained on our site without seeking professional counsel. Lal Legal APLC assumes no liability for the use or interpretation of information contained herein. The materials on our site do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our clients.
14. Nothing on this site is intended to create in any way an attorney-client relationship. This site can be considered attorney advertising in some jurisdictions and Lal Legal APLC does not through this site seek to represent anyone in a state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of conduct imposed by such state.
15. This site contains hyperlinks to other sites on the Internet which are not owned or controlled by the firm. Lal Legal APLC is not responsible for any material on such sites or any other material outside of the site that is accessed directly or indirectly by any hyperlink on this site.
16. You should not send us any confidential information unless you have entered into a written retainer agreement with Lal Legal APLC. The content of any e-mail or text message you send this firm may not be privileged or confidential if you and our firm have not executed a formal written retainer agreement.
17. Should a dispute arise from the contents of this web site, you and Lal Legal APLC agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Alameda County and the United States District Court for the Northern District of California with regard to the dispute.