USCIS is very delayed in processing Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions, after receiving it from applicants who only have a two-year green card. Here is some guidance on how to receive proof of green card status absent proof from USCIS

  • How can I get proof of lawful permanent resident status?

    If your two-year green card has expired and you have not received a receipt notice, you may schedule an appointment online for you and any eligible dependents to be seen at your local field office. If possible, bring evidence that you sent your Form I-751 via the U.S. Postal Service or a delivery service, such as FedEx.

  • How can I travel abroad while my I-751 is pending?

    Once you file an I-751 petition, USCIS typically sends you a letter extending your status for 18 months. You are authorized to travel abroad with this letter, expired green card, and unexpired passport. If you do not receive a letter extending your status or if the extension of status has expired, you can schedule an appointment online for you and any eligible dependents to be seen at your local field office and bring proof of international travel in near future to obtain a green card stamp in your passport.

  • My green card has expired or is about to expire. What can I do?

    Depending on how you obtained your green card, you may be required to remove conditions on your status by filing an I-751 or if it was not a conditional two-year green card, you can file an I-90 to renew it. If you need legal assistance, please contact us here.

  • What can I do to have my I-751 processed faster than the current wait times?

    Typically, there is little one can do to make the process any faster. Sometimes though, eligible clients who file for naturalization while their I-751 petition is pending do receive faster adjudication.

Lal Legal, APLC - Law Office of Prerna Lal
Lal Legal is a leading law-firm specializing in immigration and tax issues.
  • 2001 Addison Street
  • 15106796899

Find Our Office

Call Now